Thursday, December 11, 2003

From time to time, I've heard bloggers make conversational remarks along the lines of, "I'm a slithering reptile!" I finally figured out what it meant when I discovered the blogosphere ecosystem. I think right now I'm probably somewhere around pond slime (is there something more obscure than pond slime?), but I'm aspiring to claw my way upward someday. If I can ever figure out how to let people know I exist.

The ecosystem site sponsors a new blog showcase (really a contest, where the votes are incoming links from other blogs) to alert readers to new voices. There's some interesting stuff (for example, I'm always a sucker for conservative remorse). Having clicked through to the blogs, though, I'm not sure that everyone chooses their best recent post to enter. (That might possibly include me.)