Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I never understood the whole concept of people who didn't make up their minds until they stepped into the voting booth. Until today, when I walked up to a Diebold voting machine and cast my ballot for John Edwards.

I felt surprisingly sad afterward. I thought I'd already come to terms with the end of Dean's candidacy - and yet, until the last minute, I thought about voting for him anyway. Maybe I should have. I wanted to make a meaningful not-Kerry choice, but in the end, it doesn't look like I did that anyway.

In a little while, I'm going to rally full-strength behind John Kerry and we're going to elect him to be the 44th President of the United States. That time will come. But that time is not yet, and until it comes I'm going to sit here and be sad for a while.